The Gibraltar FA is delighted to announce that as from tomorrow, football activities will resume at the Victoria Stadium via its recently approved Return to Football Program (the “Program”). For weeks now, the Gibraltar FA has been working on the Program in line with Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar’s ‘Unlock the Rock’ plan and in consideration of the strict guidelines and advice issued by Public Health Gibraltar.
Gibraltar’s first phase of Returning to Football will see Clubs, Teams (of all age groups) and National Squads return to non-contact training. This phase is expected to last up until the next Unlock the Rock phase on 19th July 2020.
A test training session will be held on Wednesday 24th June 2020 for a selection of National squad players, and upon successful completion, allocations will be opened up to Clubs starting on Thursday 25th June 2020.
The following guidelines will have to be adhered to by all Clubs and Teams who return to training:
- All players need to arrive with their own kit and personal drinks.
- Entrance to the Victoria Stadium for players and coaches will be via the designated drop off and pick up point beside Pitch 2 (CEPSA).
- Staggered arrival of players/coaches to be managed by each club.
- All players and coaches to be greeted, at entrance, by a club representative with hand sanitising spray/gel.
- Boot hygiene need to be enforced by club representatives. Player’s boots to be sprayed with sanitiser on entry and exit at the Victoria Stadium.
- There will be no use of Dressing Rooms.
- Pitch 1 will be divided into four quarters/zones with a maximum of 12 players/coaches in each quarter/zone of the pitch.
- Pitch 2 will be divided into two halves/zones with a maximum of 12 players/coaches in each half/zone of the pitch.
- Players need to be advised to adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
- All Training sessions must be non-contact.
- Players need to leave as soon as each training session ends.
- At present all training sessions under the Program will be monitored by a Gibraltar FA Delegate, who will ensure all Clubs and Teams are adhering to the guidelines.
- Records of all players/staff attending each session must be submitted by each club to the GFA delegate on arrival.